Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Painted Coasters



I'm always looking for simple yet sophisticated DIY projects to work on to liven up my living space. These coasters are the perfect project for anyone. Don't tell me you're not artistic, this DIY project is so easy you don't need to be. You can make them as personalized as you would like, and the design as intricate as you want it to be.

My dad has instilled in me an obsession of keeping drinks on coasters, and these are the perfect solution. I love the bright colors of these ones that I made, but I think using muted tones, or even spray paint would be a great way to get the perfect color and accent for any house or apartment decor. These are also an easy and inexpensive gift idea, especially as a housewarming gift. Just stack and tie with a ribbon - and gift them with a bottle of wine, because of course they will need a beverage to put on the coaster.






Materials:

cork coasters
painters tape or masking tape 
acrylic paint
paint brushes

Steps:

1. Create lines on the coaster with masking tape or painters tape. 
2. With a brush apply acrylic paint to the coaster. Make sure to be careful and paint in strokes away from the tape so that the paint doesn't get underneath.
3. Let the paint dry, and carefully remove the tape by pealing at an angle away from the paint. 


Share with us your favorite DIY project! We would love suggestions for future DIY posts.



No comments:

Post a Comment