Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Open Faced Avacado and Egg Toastie



I wish I was one of those people who come home from work and prepare an entire delicious meal. But realistically that just doesn't happen for me. I'm more of a breakfast and lunch kind of girl, and tend to just forget about dinner. This tends to leave me ravenously starving at 6:30 when I get home and desperate for any edible morsel that I can get my hands on. This little recipe is my go-to for a healthy and delicious last minute dinner that is also extremely simple. I hope you love it as much as I do.

Ingredients:
1 slice whole grain/whole wheat bread
1/2 ripe avocado
1 hard boiled egg
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Put the bread in toaster, and set to desired toasty level. Cut the avocado in half, carefully slice into cubes in the rind. Once toast is ready, scoop out and spread the avocado on the toast with a spoon or knife. Next, sprinkle on some salt and pepper. Finally, peal and slice the hard boiled egg and carefully place on top of the avocado spread. Enjoy!


What is your go-to last minute dinner recipe? Share yours in the comments below!




No comments:

Post a Comment